For our online course please visit the Be Free Academy website . Ouronline courses are designed to empower women towards recovery from disordered eating and also help their parents. These are tools you have not had access to until now. Through these courses we educate and give key insights into what it takes to recover. Designed to be used no matter where you, or your daughter are on the recovery journey, they can run alongside any treatment of choice as added support. You can do them at home, or anywhere you have access to the Internet and you can do them in your own time.
If I have an eating disorder what will I learn?
- why eating disorders are not about the food.
- why it is important to be curious about why you have an eating disorder
- why eating disorders are clues to what is happening in your life right now
- why feelings are not the enemy and can be your pathway to freedom from the eating disorder
- why being aware of our emotional triggers (as opposed to food triggers) is so important in your recovery
- why the absolute key to recovery is about learning to be assertive
- what’s anger got to do with it?
- what will recovery look like?
Parents tell us they can spend years searching for the right people who specialise in anxiety, depression and eating disorders, to ease the pain and give hope. Often they experience no-one understanding. We want to put a stop to all that. This Program is about helping you to understand why your daughter can’t just give up the eating disorder behaviours and what’s behind them. We know how important families are to someone’s ability to recover. Given the right tools you can be a great help to her. This course will give you some of these key tools and a realistic understanding of what to expect in your daughter’s recovery.
If I am a Parent of someone with an eating disorder, what will I learn?
- common myths about eating disorders you need to know.
- why it is so important to not focus on the eating disorder behaviors
- how to support her and not fall into the trap of trying to fix her
- why eating disorders are relationship disorders and not about food
- to understand why the eating disorder is not just a problem for the individual
- why no-one is to blame
- what and why siblings need to know about the eating disorder
- how to take care of yourself as well as your daughter
Evonne & Sue have worked with hundreds of women with eating disorders, their family/friends/loved ones and also other professionals. We see so many women paralyzed by shame, self-hatred and loathing their bodies. People remain focussed on the next quick fix, which leaves many women feeling that they can never escape or change their relationship with food and their body. This Program is about helping you to work towards a life that is free of all the food, weight and body issues. There is more out there for you, than life with an eating disorder. We want to help you untangle your life from the eating disorder, to be able to embrace the plan that awaits you.